Or how not to
follow the curriculum xD which was basically what we did the whole week – in
the best way possible.
Instead of sticking to his slides on “The Nature and Character of God”, our teacher just jumped from topic to topic, occasionally going back to the week’s title but mostly doing what he felt was important for us to learn. And it was!
To be honest, I don’t know how to describe week four, let alone summarize it. It was crazy, intense, moving and revealing. It definitely put some knots in my brain that I’m still pondering about and I think it altered faith and the way we see God for everyone in their own way. We talked about romantic relationships, the concept of the Trinity and God’s fatherly love. We discussed our individual identities and how they mirror the nature of God, all the way learning the original meaning of several Hebrew words.
It’s very interesting and also rather sad to realize how much of the bible’s content has literally been lost in translation and distorted by people’s opinions.
Instead of sticking to his slides on “The Nature and Character of God”, our teacher just jumped from topic to topic, occasionally going back to the week’s title but mostly doing what he felt was important for us to learn. And it was!
To be honest, I don’t know how to describe week four, let alone summarize it. It was crazy, intense, moving and revealing. It definitely put some knots in my brain that I’m still pondering about and I think it altered faith and the way we see God for everyone in their own way. We talked about romantic relationships, the concept of the Trinity and God’s fatherly love. We discussed our individual identities and how they mirror the nature of God, all the way learning the original meaning of several Hebrew words.
It’s very interesting and also rather sad to realize how much of the bible’s content has literally been lost in translation and distorted by people’s opinions.
On the other hand: If there’s one thing this week has really taught me, it’s that every answer holds at least five other questions and that’s a good thing. We were made to be loved, not to fully understand the One that loves us so incredibly, unconditionally, endlessly, incomprehensibly. I seemed to run across that philosophy all the time during the last seven days: In lectures, while writing my identity poster, reading (and loving) “Captivating” by John and Stasi Eldredge and last, but certainly not least, watching (and adoring) “The Shack” last night.
Evelyn Underhill once said:
“If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshipped.”,
and I’m starting to really be at peace with that. Maybe sometimes, our job in this world is just to see love and make it seen.
On that note, I
hope you have a wonderful week ahead of you and I’m sorry if this post is pure
gibberish to you. With a two day first aid course going on, it’s been a long
week end and my inability to form meaningful sentences is increasing
proportionally to my tiredness :)
Good night and
good morning to all the corners of this Earth,
Annika
Annika
No comments:
Post a Comment